How do I take care of my HUGO Bike scooter during the winter months?
Do not leave the e-scooter in freezing temperatures to prevent the battery from freezing, and if it does, do not switch it on!
Battery care is important
Taking care of your HUGO Bike e-scooter during the winter months is an important step in maintaining its health and functionality. We've put together some tips to help you keep your HUGO bike in good condition even in cold winter weather.
- Don't leave your e-scooter out in the cold to prevent the battery from freezing. If this has already happened to you, do not switch it on. Frost can cause damage to the battery, and if you turn it on, it can lead to even more problems due to thermal shock. Let the scooter and battery slowly "thaw" at temperatures above 5 °C.
- Do not store your e-scooter in areas where the temperature is above 5 °C. It is important to keep it in a dry and warm environment. This will minimise the risk of battery damage and maximise battery life.
- Keep battery charge level between 50-80 %. Check the stored e-scooter with a charged battery regularly to ensure that the battery has not dropped below 50 %. If this happens, connect it to the charger and let it charge.
- Charge the battery to 98 %, not 100 %. This will also extend the life of the battery.
Wheels, handlebars and brakes
These parts of the scooter also require care and inspection to keep them working properly and safely, and not just in winter.
- Wheels should be regularly checked and cleaned of mud and snow.
- Handlebars and brakes should also be checked and cleaned regularly to ensure proper functioning.
- If there are any problems on the scooter, such as leaks or brakes not working, they must be repaired immediately (HUGO bike service points) to ensure safe use.
These tips will help keep your HUGO Bike e-scooter in good condition during the winter months. In order to use it for a long time, you need to take good care of it and store it well. It is important that you take care of your HUGO Bike e-scooter as a whole, not just the battery. This will ensure that it works properly and safely all winter long.